Welcome to Chrysalis, the charity supporting transgender and questioning people, their families and close friends
Charitable Incorporated Organisation 1187351
Charitable Incorporated Organisation
On Wednesday 15th January Chrysalis was awarded Charitable Incorporated Organisation status and our registration number changes from 1116321 to 1187351
This means that we are no longer a simple charity but have a legal personality.
We, Chrysalis, can enter into contracts and own things and have responsibilities rather than all of this being on the shoulders of individual trustees.
We were recommended to make this transition, as part of our wider transition process, once we started employing staff.
The change has also enabled us to build on the changes to the constitution agreed upon at the AGM in January 2019 and to create a constitution which is fit for purpose, robust and recognises our duties to our membership and to achieving social change.
Chrysalis Bakeoff 2019
On Thursday 19th December the competition was hot, the cakes were naughty and the puns were definitely intentional.
With a different kind of festive social the Chrysalis Wellbeing groups hosted our first ever Bake Off. Pitting chef against chef in a no holds bra'ed competition to find the best sweet treat of the year!
Congratulations to our winners, thank you to our bakers and judges and watch this space for the next one.
If you're interested in joining our trans and questioning wellbeing group - a safe space to have fun with your peers, or accessing one of our support groups then give the office a ring between 9am and 3pm Monday to Friday on 01489 589111
Chrysalis office opening times
Chrysalis strives to have our office open from 9:30am - 3pm Monday to Friday however at the moment we are experiencing some turbulence within the team which may cause slight disruption to this service.
If you contact 01489 589111 and no one answers the phone please leave a message and we will get back to you as soon as possible. You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions and queries.
We apologise for any inconvenience and are looking to remedy the situation as soon as possible
If you think that you can help us out through some volunteering in the office, or if you are interested in one of our paid roles then drop us an email.
New Bournemouth Trans & questioning support group
Sophie Labelle - author, speaker and Chrysalis Patron
Ana-Matronic - singer, songwriter, DJ and Chrysalis Patron
You can now support Chrysalis through Amazon smile and we'll receive 0.5% of your spending as a donation. And the best thing? It won't cost you anything extra!
As Chrysalis undergoes its own exciting period of transformation there may be occasional hitches, please bear with us.
We are updating our records in light of the forthcoming GDPR (European legislation regarding data protection) implementation. If you wish to opt into receiving our newsletters and general updates then please drop the office a line email@example.com, thank you to all of our supporters
What support we offer
- Trans+ and Questioning Groups
- 1st and 3rd Friday - A safe and confidential space for those who are transitioning or thinking about transition, with workshops, life skills sessions, facilitated group time and free counselling.
- Wellbeing drop in
- 2nd Thursday Portsmouth 4th Thursday Southampton, for all those who are trans, intersex, gender non-conforming and trans historied to meet, socialise, receive counselling and discuss relevant issues in a facilitated safe space.
- Significant Others – Parents, Grandparents and Carers
- 2nd Friday of each month with access to counselling twice monthly, a safe, facilitated, confidential and non-judgemental space for those affected by a loved one’s trans identity and/or transition. Includes facilitated group time, peer support and workshops on relevant topics.
- Significant Others – Partners and close friends
- 4th Friday of each month with access to counselling twice monthly, a safe, facilitated, confidential and non-judgemental space for those affected by a loved one’s trans identity and/or transition. Includes facilitated group time, peer support and workshops on relevant topics.
Office support from 9am to 3pm Tuesday to Friday for first contact, advocacy, advice, telephone support, training, volunteer and supporter enquiries and consultancy.
If you wish to attend a group or for further information and support please contact the office on firstname.lastname@example.org or 01489 589111 to speak to an adviser, we aim to respond to all emails within two working days.
Funded by: The Big Lottery, Hampshire and Isle of Wight Community Fund (HiWCF) and Tudor Trust.
Some of the material on this website is subject to copyright. Without the permission of the owner, such material and imagery should be used only for personal, private or charitable use, education or discussion and not for commercial purposes
Contact the office team for advice, support, to join a group, and to book us for training and other services:
email@example.com or 01489 589111.