Welcome to Chrysalis, the charity supporting transgender people and their significant others
Registered charity 1116321
#TransInclusivity - Showcasing best practice and developing strategies
Chrysalis' second conference will be on
Tuesday 9th April 2019
10am to 4pm
Registration from 9:30am
Solent University, Southampton
Chrysalis, the South’s leading charity supporting transgender people and their significant others, invites you to our second conference showcasing strategies and best practice for supporting transgender people in the workplace and beyond.
2018 saw a significant rise in online and media transphobic speech however organisations and individuals continued to work tirelessly to improve inclusivity and acceptance.
TransInclusivity is an opportunity for policy writers, influencers and those who work with and for trans+ people to develop best practice for the inclusion and support of trans+ colleagues, clients and the general public.
Delegates can expect to:
Learn about the real challenges faced by trans+ people in their everyday interactions and see why TransInclusivity saves lives
Develop tools for the development and implementation of transinclusive policy and practice
Work with peers in a safe and respectful space to explore challenges in their work which negatively impact their trans+ colleagues, clients and general public
You can book your ticket via Eventbrite here; https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/transinclusivity-tickets-56035987146
History of Chrysalis
If you would like to get involved in helping us capture and present the stories of Chrysalis from 2005 to 2010 then please email firstname.lastname@example.org
We are looking for a volunteer with a journalism, publishing or other related industry experience who can interview beneficiaries and former beneficiaries and help us create a book showing the incredible journey of Chrysalis from inception to the Equality Act.
(updated by Andi 1/2/19)
We are pleased, and excited, to welcome our new patron: Ana Matronic
You can now support Chrysalis through Amazon smile and we'll receive 0.5% of your spending as a donation. And the best thing? It won't cost you anything extra!
As Chrysalis undergoes its own exciting period of transformation there may be occasional hitches, please bear with us.
We are updating our records in light of the forthcoming GDPR (European legislation regarding data protection) implementation. If you wish to opt into receiving our newsletters and general updates then please drop the office a line email@example.com, thank you to all of our supporters
What support we offer
- Trans+ and Questioning Groups
- 1st and 3rd Friday - A safe and confidential space for those who are transitioning or thinking about transition, with workshops, life skills sessions, facilitated group time and free counselling.
- Wellbeing drop in
- 2nd Thursday Portsmouth 4th Thursday Southampton, for all those who are trans, intersex, gender non-conforming and trans historied to meet, socialise, receive counselling and discuss relevant issues in a facilitated safe space.
- Significant Others – Parents, Grandparents and Carers
- 2nd Friday of each month with access to counselling twice monthly, a safe, facilitated, confidential and non-judgemental space for those affected by a loved one’s trans identity and/or transition. Includes facilitated group time, peer support and workshops on relevant topics.
- Significant Others – Partners and close friends
- 4th Friday of each month with access to counselling twice monthly, a safe, facilitated, confidential and non-judgemental space for those affected by a loved one’s trans identity and/or transition. Includes facilitated group time, peer support and workshops on relevant topics.
Office support from 9am to 3pm Tuesday to Friday for first contact, advocacy, advice, telephone support, training, volunteer and supporter enquiries and consultancy.
If you wish to attend a group or for further information and support please contact the office on firstname.lastname@example.org or 01489 589111 to speak to an adviser, we aim to respond to all emails within two working days.
Funded by: The Big Lottery, Hampshire and Isle of Wight Community Fund (HiWCF) and Tudor Trust.
Get involved – Complete the Chrysalis consultation.
Some of the material on this website is subject to copyright. Without the permission of the owner, such material and imagery should be used only for personal, private or charitable use, education or discussion and not for commercial purposes
Contact the office team for advice, support, to join a group, and to book us for training and other services:
email@example.com or 01489 589111.