Welcome to Chrysalis, the charity supporting transgender and questioning people, their families and close friends
Registered charity 1116321
Chrysalis office opening times
Chrysalis strives to have our office open from 9:30am - 3pm Monday to Friday however at the moment we are experiencing some turbulence within the team which may cause slight disruption to this service.
If you contact 01489 589111 and no one answers the phone please leave a message and we will get back to you as soon as possible. You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions and queries.
We apologise for any inconvenience and are looking to remedy the situation as soon as possible
If you think that you can help us out through some volunteering in the office, or if you are interested in one of our paid roles then drop us an email.
New Bournemouth Trans & questioning support group
We are pleased, and excited, to welcome our new patron: Ana Matronic
You can now support Chrysalis through Amazon smile and we'll receive 0.5% of your spending as a donation. And the best thing? It won't cost you anything extra!
As Chrysalis undergoes its own exciting period of transformation there may be occasional hitches, please bear with us.
We are updating our records in light of the forthcoming GDPR (European legislation regarding data protection) implementation. If you wish to opt into receiving our newsletters and general updates then please drop the office a line email@example.com, thank you to all of our supporters
What support we offer
- Trans+ and Questioning Groups
- 1st and 3rd Friday - A safe and confidential space for those who are transitioning or thinking about transition, with workshops, life skills sessions, facilitated group time and free counselling.
- Wellbeing drop in
- 2nd Thursday Portsmouth 4th Thursday Southampton, for all those who are trans, intersex, gender non-conforming and trans historied to meet, socialise, receive counselling and discuss relevant issues in a facilitated safe space.
- Significant Others – Parents, Grandparents and Carers
- 2nd Friday of each month with access to counselling twice monthly, a safe, facilitated, confidential and non-judgemental space for those affected by a loved one’s trans identity and/or transition. Includes facilitated group time, peer support and workshops on relevant topics.
- Significant Others – Partners and close friends
- 4th Friday of each month with access to counselling twice monthly, a safe, facilitated, confidential and non-judgemental space for those affected by a loved one’s trans identity and/or transition. Includes facilitated group time, peer support and workshops on relevant topics.
Office support from 9am to 3pm Tuesday to Friday for first contact, advocacy, advice, telephone support, training, volunteer and supporter enquiries and consultancy.
If you wish to attend a group or for further information and support please contact the office on firstname.lastname@example.org or 01489 589111 to speak to an adviser, we aim to respond to all emails within two working days.
Funded by: The Big Lottery, Hampshire and Isle of Wight Community Fund (HiWCF) and Tudor Trust.
Some of the material on this website is subject to copyright. Without the permission of the owner, such material and imagery should be used only for personal, private or charitable use, education or discussion and not for commercial purposes
Contact the office team for advice, support, to join a group, and to book us for training and other services:
email@example.com or 01489 589111.