Chrysalis board update
It is with great pride that I can announce today that the Chrysalis members unanimously voted in a fantastic new board of trustees at their 12th AGM on Saturday. A board ready, willing and able to take on the challenges of running a trans support charity in 2018 and onwards. 28 of our 43 members were able to attend the meeting and took part in the voting.
Figure 1, Chrysalis' new management board, from left to right Lennie, Steph, Deanna, Anne, Cassie, Andi, Sammy, Grecia, Jon, Mary
I, and all the members and the new board would like to thank the outgoing trustees as Lionel, Matthew and Louise step down after respectively 10, 12 and 4 years of tireless support as trustees of the charity. Without their dedication, expertise and devotion to duty the charity would not be in the healthy position it is now.
The new board is formed of 9 trustees with Jon taking on the role of Secretary as he enters his fourth year as trustee; Anne remaining in the position of treasurer, starting her fifth year as trustee; and new trustee and co-facilitator of the Fareham & Portsmouth transition group Steph stepping up to take on the responsibility of interim chair.
The other trustees are Grecia, Lennie, Cassie (who returns to the board after previously stepping down), Mary, Deanna and Sammy.
In accordance with our constitution all the trustees are Chrysalis volunteers and include six former beneficiaries.
The new board will be working with the chief executive officer to build on the success of the past 12 years achieved by our founder Dianne, who devoted so much time and effort to providing a lifesaving service to over 500 beneficiaries.
We will be strengthening the support available at our clusters in Southampton, Fareham & Portsmouth, Basingstoke and Bournemouth, building our on line presence and support capabilities and working both locally and nationally to advance acceptance, understanding and support for transgender people and their significant others.
If you are interested in getting involved with Chrysalis then please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Thank you to everyone who has shown so much support and devotion to our charity, we are looking towards a bright new future.
Andi Maratos, CEO of Chrysalis
We are currently reviewing our policies and procedures and will be updating this page soon with important information.
Chrysalis Strategic Aims and Objectives
• Raise awareness of Trans matters, champion the rights of and campaign on behalf of transgender people to further social change and respect in everyday activities.
• To reduce isolation and marginalisation of people with gender identity issues through provision of support and advice so they may better participate in mainstream society, saving lives and reducing mental distress.
• Provide; counselling, advice, training, support, guidance and advocacy services for transgender clients and their families in transition, housing, employment, wellbeing and other matters.
• Enable opportunities for beneficiaries to meet and talk to others with similar experiences.
• Deliver advice, training and outreach to external organisations to advance acceptance of gender dysphoria and transition.
• To make Chrysalis sector leader in Gender Identity matters.