Welcome to Chrysalis the charity supporting transgender people and their significant others, registered charity 1116321
History of Chrysalis
As part of Chrysalis’ transition it is important that we not only look to the future but value our past. We are very excited to work with Jim who volunteered to help us write a book about our beginnings. In keeping with our conference theme of Understanding Transition from the Inside and Out I would be honoured if those of you who were involved with Chrysalis from it’s inception to 2010 would spare Jim some time for a chat. The talks can be via Skype or face to face so don’t worry about travelling anywhere.
As Jim says you can be as anonymous as suits you personally, although we recognise that personal stories are always more powerful. Please do let Jim know if you are OK with him using your first name only, initials, or your full name or some other name that means something to you.
If you have a photo or other image of powerful meaning to you then please do share these with Jim.
As the book will be published then your words will be held in perpetuity, however any unpublished data will be erased upon completion of the project and where you have requested anonymity this will be strictly adhered to.
Thank you very much for your time in reading this and I hope you want to participate in this incredible project.
Andi Maratos, CEO
We are pleased, and excited, to welcome our new patron: Ana Matronic
You can now support Chrysalis through Amazon smile and we'll receive 0.5% of your spending as a donation. And the best thing? It won't cost you anything extra!
As Chrysalis undergoes its own exciting period of transformation there may be occasional hitches, please bear with us.
We are updating our records in light of the forthcoming GDPR (European legislation regarding data protection) implementation. If you wish to opt into receiving our newsletters and general updates then please drop the office a line firstname.lastname@example.org, thank you to all of our supporters
What support we offer
- Transition Groups
- 1st and 3rd Friday - A safe and confidential space for those who are transitioning or thinking about transition, with workshops, life skills sessions, facilitated group time and free counselling.
- Wellbeing drop in
- 4th Thursday (Southampton only, Fareham & Portsmouth and Basingstoke opening soon) for all those who are trans, intersex, gender non-conforming and trans historied to meet, socialise, receive counselling and discuss relevant issues in a facilitated safe space.
- Significant Others – Parents, Grandparents and Carers
- 2nd Friday of each month with access to counselling twice monthly, a safe, facilitated, confidential and non-judgemental space for those affected by a loved one’s trans identity and/or transition. Includes facilitated group time, peer support and workshops on relevant topics.
- Significant Others – Partners and close friends
- 4th Friday of each month with access to counselling twice monthly, a safe, facilitated, confidential and non-judgemental space for those affected by a loved one’s trans identity and/or transition. Includes facilitated group time, peer support and workshops on relevant topics.
Office support from 9am to 3pm Tuesday to Friday for first contact, advocacy, advice, telephone support, training, volunteer and supporter enquiries and consultancy.
If you wish to attend a group or for further information and support please contact the office on email@example.com or 01489 589111 to speak to an adviser, we aim to respond to all emails within two working days.
Funded by: The Big Lottery, Hampshire and Isle of Wight Community Fund (HiWCF) and Tudor Trust.
Get involved – Complete the Chrysalis consultation.
Some of the material on this website is subject to copyright. Without the permission of the owner, such material and imagery should be used only for personal, private or charitable use, education or discussion and not for commercial purposes